Although QuickBooks is designed to be understood by the layperson, initial setup and installation must be successful for future information to be accurate.
All the information needed to set up manual ledger entries is also needed to set up and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual ledger operations to QuickBooks mid-year. Which accounting method will you use? What account plan do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
An expert can easily answer all these questions and complete the initial configuration and installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on accounting software to improve their performance.
How do I start?
First we want to know a little more about your business and your accounting records and then we can quote you an exact price. Rest assured, we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit our clients' budgets. As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time, time that is lost in running your business.
This is a short list of the services we provide when setting up QuickBooks:
1. Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
2. Recommend software and hardware requirements.
3. Install software, design and configure a chart of accounts and the entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
4. Determining the start date of QuickBooks.
5. Upload your chart of accounts and balances from that start date.
6. Preparation of a list of items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, stock parts, non-stock parts, other charges, and sales tax.
7. Enter the details of your accounts receivable and accounts payable outstanding as of the start date.
8. Enter bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in transit as of your start date on your final statement.
9. Print a trial balance from your start date and compare it to your trial balance from your old system.
10. Enter your transactions from your start date in QuickBooks
11. Train the client or client's staff in the use of the software to meet their accounting, administrative and tax needs.
•Follow-up training to ensure the client is "on the right track."
•Monthly, quarterly, or yearly review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reporting.
Setup for QuickBooks